Working with Others
Often, it’s hard to gather the facts, clarify expectations, present information, and work together with others in varied interpersonal interactions at work. Simple things are often overlooked, like active listening and questioning, mutual problem solving, outside influences, interacting assertively or passively, and cultural barriers.
The Kristan Getsy Effective Communication: Working with Others course will help participants understand themselves as communicators and apply reasonable understanding to enhance communication skills in multiple settings.
- Communication foundations including sender/message interaction, motivation to communicate, communication types, and self-concept
- Receiver / message interaction, particularly as it relates to effective listening
- The communication channel including verbal / nonverbal channels and the impact of perception
- Enhancing communication effectiveness as it relates to feedback and conflict management
- Workgroup / Team building
- Communication Barriers and Civility
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Final Exercise
Upon completion of this class, participants will be able to understand and apply the:
- Elements that influence communication effectiveness
- Nature of listening and types of listeners
- Role of nonverbal communication
- Nature of feedback and its application in the workplace
- Nature of conflict and its impact on the workplace
- Nature of teams, team leadership, and the roles of members
- Principles of building and managing teams
- Nature and impact of communication barriers
- Basic elements of problem-solving
- Role of critical thinking
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in improving their communication skills.
1 day workshop
Communicating without Words: Nonverbal/Body Language Communication
Rooting and Routing through Crucial Conversations