Managing the Media 101 & 201
Engaging the media can be quite unnerving. The only way to take away the nerves is to take control of the interview. Yes, you can control the interview! I have been a reporter, so engaging the media is my expertise. This course is meant for those who want to engage the media with confidence and knock a home run interview.
In this intensive Media Training: Managing the Media course participants will have hands-on opportunities to respond accurately and effectively to reporter’s questions. Participants learn how to create effective messages and deliver them with credibility. Effective communications can make or break a business and a personal brand.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Understand guidance for interacting with the media
- Understand the nature of the contemporary media (print, electronic, and Internet / social media)
- Develop familiarity with the skills, tools, and techniques for interacting with the media/reporters
- Know how to develop clear, concise messages
- Become adept with interview delivery and control
Who should attend?
Anyone who may be interviewed by members of the media.
101 = 2-day workshop | 201 = 1-day workshop
Crisis Communications: Preparing for and Managing the Media 101
Crisis Communications: Preparing for and Managing the Media 201
Crisis Planning: Preparing for a Crisis
Rooting and Routing Through Crucial Conversations
Communicating without Words/Body Language Communication