Rooting and Routing Through Crucial Conversations
Tough conversations are, well, tough. We call these Crucial Conversations, topics that can’t or shouldn’t be avoided. Many people dread them. But it’s just like exercise when you’re tired: You don’t really feel like doing it, but when you’re done with that workout, you feel better, accomplished. Now, think through a crucial conversation and put the other person in your conversation…what might they think, say, feel or do. Putting ourselves into someone else’s shoes is tough, sometimes tougher than the conversation itself.
Based on the best-selling book “Crucial Conversations®️️,” The Kristan Getsy Rooting and Routing Through Crucial Conversations course teaches skills for creating open dialogue around high-stakes, emotional or risky topics at all organizational levels. By learning how to speak up, be heard and encouraging others to do the same, individuals come to better decisions, begin to realize the best ideas, and then act with unity and commitment.
Participants will learn how to:
- Anticipate, identify and neutralize combative situations, reducing workplace conflict
- Recognize when you are, in fact, in a crucial conversation
- Identify the warning signs preventing others from sharing
- Embrace (rather than avoid) a crucial conversation
- Listen actively and offer constructive feedback
- Create strategies for an interactive culture that is safe, constructive, and collaborative
- Understand how to manage your own go-to communication tactics under stress
- Communicate with team members in a way that facilitates conflict resolution
Anyone interested in improving their communication style in efforts to achieve positive results
Who should attend?
Team leaders and supervisors at any level
Media Training Managing the Media 101
Media Training Managing the Media 201
Crisis Communications: Preparing for and Managing the Media 101
Crisis Communications: Preparing for and Managing the Media 201